Friday 14 June 2013

I'm worried about Val. I was chatting with her while she worked in the lab, and she asked me if I'd fetch a printout she'd left in her room. 

The floor, bed, and desk of Val's room were strewn with torn-off sheets of paper. Each sheet was covered in pencil. Mostly, the pencil marks were scribble, as if they'd been put there to hide a mistake, but on a few sheets, I could see circles and lines. I counted ten stubs of pencils lying around the room, and there may have been more. From the sheer amount of paper, it looked like Val had spent every spare hour of the past week drawing, and then scribbling out what she'd drawn.

I don't know whether this is a manifestation of her obsessive compulsive disorder, or something else entirely. I took Val the printout she'd asked for, and mentioned that I'd seen a lot of drawings in her room. She said she was trying to capture the symbol from the sheet of paper she'd found, and couldn't quite get it right. She told me she was close, and it was just a matter of time. I left her in the lab. I need to decide whether I contact the base and try to get Val relieved. If The Sick Land is affecting her mind, she should leave as soon as possible. I don't feel confident in my decision making at the moment, though. Mo seems to be the only one of us who isn't struggling mentally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.