Thursday 13 June 2013

I barely slept last night. I feel like I'm being pulled in two directions at once. I'm finding it difficult to focus on day-to-day tasks, like checking the webcam, or seeing if the thing has left a trail. I spent most of today reliving last night's dream.

This dream was different from the others. There was a sea the colour of flint under a black sky. The sea thrashed and bubbled, and under the sound of the crashing waves, I thought I could hear something else. The other sound was as if something vast, and cold, and strange, moaned as it slept uneasily. I couldn't bear to look at that terrible sea, and stared at the sky instead. There were no stars, just black, and I felt I could plummet into that sky forever, and never stop and never die. I could fall into that endless sky, or plunge into that dreadful sea, or stay suspended between them, always knowing what was above me and what was below me.

I woke drenched with sweat, screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.