Tuesday 18 June 2013

I found more footprints.

I drove back to where I'd last seen a trace of the thing. I went alone. The others offered to come with me, but I told them I didn't want to waste their time. I was in low spirits, and didn't expect to find anything. When I checked the ground with the camera, though, there were fresh tracks.

I followed the tracks for half an hour, until I came to a huge, flat plain. I could see them crossing the plain toward a rocky hill. With binoculars, I thought I could make out the tracks heading to an opening at the base of the hill. When I put the Jeep back into gear, it made a thin grinding sound, and the engine started to struggle. I wasn't sure where I was in terms of the mal, and it would have been stupid to go farther in a single Jeep. The tracks, and the hill, would still be there later. I turned the Jeep around and drove back to the station.

Tomorrow, we'll go out together and follow the tracks. I know the thing has been hiding in the cave at the base of the hill. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.