Monday 1 July 2013

I met with a man called Morrison. He spoke to me like he was a fellow scientist, but it was pretty clear he was a soldier: he was in uniform, and I saw him saluting. In essence, he offered me a job.

He told me I couldn't return to the station, but I could be posted to another research facility. I was surprised, because I wasn't aware there were any other research facilities. I'd only ever heard about the one research team, and when I was briefed at the beginning of my stay, they emphasised that we were the sole group of researchers. I asked him about it, and he said it wasn't common knowledge that there were other facilities. I knew this wasn't a complete answer, but I didn't press him. I said I'd like to be posted to the other facility. He nodded, and said he'd put the wheels in motion. We shook hands; he'll be back to collect me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.