Monday 23 September 2013

Spin

I'm writing this with the sea, or crater, or whatever it is, out of sight behind me. I feel sick; my insides hurt, and the ground feels like it's spinning. When I woke up this morning, I suffered by far the worst effect I've ever had in The Sick Land. With every blink, the sea would disappear or reappear. The first time I saw it, I fainted. When I regained consciousness, I forced myself to look at it. As long as I stared, Victoria remained in the same state. The second I blinked, or looked away, it would shift, and my head would spin.

I had to get out of there. I turned away from the sea and staggered back along the furrow. I walked until I was exhausted, and collapsed onto the ground. My head felt better once I was away from Victoria; I felt a bit more like I could think. I realised I'd left my bag behind. It doesn't matter. I can't make myself go back; besides, I had hardly any supplies. I'll keep updating as long as I can. I've got nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.