Sunday 15 September 2013

Glitter

Ahead of me, something vast glitters on the horizon. It looks like water. I'll probably be there the day after tomorrow. I can't help but remember my dream, the dream where I saw the furrow end at a huge sea. It looks like my dream might have been accurate.

Whatever it is, it's the end of my journey. I'm rationing the water in my bottle as best I can; I can stretch it out for a while yet, but not forever. I suppose I could go back and try and collect the supplies I left along the way, but I don't see the point. I won't have enough to make it back to the facility, and I'm resigned to what's going to happen. It looks like I'll make it to the end of the furrow, and that's enough.

If it is water, then maybe I've found Victoria. It's a comfort to know that future researchers might be able to follow my path and find it too. I've seen enough around here to realise that might not be possible, but at least if they know it exists, it might inspire future expeditions.

I don't want to get ahead of myself. First, I have to get there. And I can't rely on even a short trip being easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.