Thursday 21 November 2013

Rant

I spoke to the project leader responsible for 407. He was very apologetic about what happened, and seemed genuinely shocked; he said she'd always been a model subject. His attitude changed completely when I told him about the drug, though.

I said that 407 had seemed to have a bad reaction to a drug I was told to give her, and that it came in a red-banded syringe. The project leader's face darkened, and he said she wasn't supposed to be involved in any experimental protocols. He started ranting about the research being seriously delayed, and how they were close to identifying the muscle growth factor that caused her affliction. I tried to commiserate with him. I said it was terrible that a single mistake could destroy a research program. He looked me in the eye and said it wasn't a mistake. I asked him what he meant, and he told me to go to G section and ask. As soon as he said it, he stopped talking, rubbed his eyes, and looked back at me. He said he'd spoken out of turn and asked me to forget it. I said I would.

I'm going to look for G section tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.