Tuesday 19 November 2013

Incident

There was an incident today.

The drug trolley came round as usual, and I was given a full syringe of something to inject into 407. It's something I've done the last few days. I wiped 407's arm with alcohol and gave her the injection. We were chatting normally as I did it. I turned away to discard the syringe, and 407 grabbed me by the throat.

I turned to face her. She was snarling, though that term hardly describes it; her expression was like nothing I've seen before on a human being. Her normal hand was clamped around my throat; I was starting to panic and see spots. She was trying bodily to drag her giant arm around so it could grab me. I knew if she got hold of me, I'd be crushed to death.

I kicked and punched and pushed my fingers into her eyes. My throat slipped out of her hand and I ran out the door, slamming it shut and locking it behind me. 407 stared at me through the glass.

I've been checked out by the medics. I'm fine, apart from bruises, and the shock of what happened. They've signed me off on compassionate leave while I get over my near miss.

I don't think anyone noticed, but I still have the syringe. I might use my leave to find out what it is. I'm certain 407 changed when I injected her with the drug; I want to know what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.