Friday 29 November 2013

Punishment

I don't know what's going on. I'm pretty certain the figure under the blanket must have been Smith, and I can think of a reason why she was covered up. We work with the mal here, and though the researchers seem to have an uncanny resistance, there must still be cases where they become afflicted. Smith was displaying signs of paranoia when she met with me, which is a point in favour of my theory. On the other hand, I'm not sure it was paranoia; her observations might have been accurate.

Assuming Smith has been afflicted, I can't help but wonder whether it was just an unfortunate accident, or something else, something worse. There were a lot of scientists waiting in the corridor, and it did seem as if Smith had done something - maybe by talking to me, maybe through her general attitude - that might necessitate punishment. But then, I don't know anything. Maybe she has been promoted.

I can't stand this. I don't know what's happening here, and I don't trust it. No one I've spoken to knows what's going on, and anyone that does know is somewhere I can't get to. My mind keeps going back to the lift they took Smith down in. If I could get down there, maybe I'd find some answers. But I don't see any way to get past the guards.

I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.