Wednesday 14 August 2013

Stuck

Saul refuses to go on.

We started packing up the camp in silence. Saul wasn't moving. He just stayed where he was, lying on the ground staring up at the sky. We stopped working one by one and looked at him. He didn't seem to see us, and I started to think something might be wrong. Then he spoke. He said it was crazy for us to go on, that the mal was affecting us, and that we'd all die if we stayed. He said he wouldn't go any farther. The three of us looked at one another. Saul, still staring at the sky, said we should stop here today and vote tomorrow. Majority has it. I cleared my throat and asked him what happened if it was two each. He said we stayed here and voted again the next day. We put the camp back together.

I'll be voting to go on. I don't think it'll be enough, though. The others are bound to want to go back. In some ways, it'll be a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.