Friday 16 August 2013

Saul

Something killed Saul.

Ivana found his body when she got up. He'd been eviscerated. I don't know how it happened without waking us. I jumped out of bed when I heard Ivana screaming. When I saw Saul's remains, I thought I was going to vomit, but I've gotten used to that feeling in The Sick Land, and managed to hold off. Melanie was still in her tent; somehow, she hadn't heard Ivana. Either that or she hadn't responded. I swallowed and braced myself to look. She was just sitting there, her eyes glazed over as she stared at her left hand.

We buried Saul away from the camp. Ivana disappeared into her tent, and Melanie never came out. I'm in no mood to start ordering people around, but we have to get away from this place. It's madness to stay here after what happened. I'm going to keep watch over the camp tonight. Tomorrow we're leaving, even if I have to drag the other two with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.