Wednesday 7 August 2013

Missing

Francois left while we were asleep.

Saul said Francois had been up all night, pacing and muttering to himself. Saul had asked him what was wrong, and been told he was working on some grand unified theory of the mal. When we got up, Francois was gone.

There was no sign of a struggle, and nobody heard anything; he didn't take any equipment or supplies, either. No one mentioned it, but I've assumed he took the long walk. I wouldn't be surprised if Francois cracked up out here: my conversation with Saul this morning was the only time I've spoken in the past two days.

We're carrying on, but leaving a bag of supplies where we camped. If Francois comes back, he'll be able to find us.

I'm getting sick of the flat red landscape, and those stupid mounds of dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.