Sunday 11 August 2013

Plants

There are more and more plants around. I think we may have passed into an area of The Sick Land that can consistently support a form of life. No signs of any animals yet, but the plants are bigger and more numerous, and I think it's only a matter of time.

I walked at the back today, and spent the whole journey staring at the red spot on Ivana's neck. It looks like she's been bitten by an insect and had a bad reaction, but of course there aren't any insects here. She doesn't seem to be aware of it, but she scratches her neck at least ten times an hour. I'd speak to her about it, but we don't seem to do that anymore.

My mule was sick when I fed it. I thought again that we ought to head back, but I can't face the trip. At least going forward, we're aiming for something. To turn back would be to admit the futility of the previous days, and the waste of Francois's life.

The white fungus is coming back. We're steering as clear of it as we can, but it's getting more and more difficult to find clear patches of ground. Stars the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.