Wednesday 29 May 2013

I worked on the broken Jeep all day. Replacing the tires was easy enough: we have a huge pile of spares in one corner of the garage. The glass was trickier, and the electronics proved impossible. In the end, I decided to repair another old Jeep with working parts salvaged from the Jeep I used yesterday. The repaired Jeep should be reliable enough as a back-up.

Val came into the garage to ask me something while I was working. I don’t think she realised that the Jeep I’d been in yesterday had been damaged; she and Mo were both in their bedrooms when I got back. I’m keeping the information to myself for the time being. It’s frightening to think that something out there attacked the Jeep, and I’d rather not worry them.

My suspicion is that the Jeep was damaged by the same thing that’s been tapping on my window and leaving paper outside. I’m trying to think of a way to catch or track it, but I’m not sure how. I could leave some food out and see if it gets taken. That might be a good first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.