Friday 22 March 2013

The relief is coming in two weeks. Xi is going. There isn't another relief scheduled yet, but they've told Bob it'll be soon.

He's convinced he needs mal from the Yellow. He wants to take a trip out to the fringes to look at potential sites. I'll go with him. We can enter the Yellow when the new recruit is here.

Xi is happier now. She opened up to me about how much she hates the life here. She said she dreams about The Sick Land. Although her academic career has been mal anthropology, she's planning to leave the field. She doesn't want to think about it for the rest of her life.

I can relate to her view. There's something different about being here. It makes you look at the research with new eyes. A lot of the stuff they've found out is horrible. When it was just pages in a book, I don't think I even noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.