Friday 29 March 2013

Bob was back just before dark. Lock down was half an hour away when I heard the Jeep.

I went up to the entrance; Bob's Jeep was back and didn't appear to be damaged. He'd used his night kit, too. There was no sign of Bob there.

Bob was in the lab. He was grey faced, loading a sample into the freezer. I couldn't see what it was. He finished and came toward me without looking up. When he got to the doorway, he pushed past me and into the lift. I went down and checked Bob's room. He'd locked himself in and wasn't responding. I went back up.

In the lab, I had a look at his specimen. It was definitely mal. It looked like a bulbous white fungus. It had been slit open, presumably by Bob. Inside were three teeth.

I'm pretty sure the fungus was what Bob saw in the Yellow last time we went out. I hope he wasn't exposed for too long. I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.