Monday 12 August 2013

Spot

The spot on Ivana's neck is bigger and redder. I started out toward the front of the group, but had to move back to where I could see it. I had to move because I could hear her scratching, and I knew that if I had to keep hearing that sound without seeing the spot, I'd go crazy.

The spot is huge now, half the width of her neck, and bright red from all the scratching. She hasn't broken the skin yet, but it can only be a matter of time. It's pretty much flat, like a circular rash, rather than a spot. It makes me sick to look at it.

My mule vomited again today. I don't blame it. I feel nauseated all the time, and I've heard at least one of the others being sick. Melanie has developed a twitch in her left hand that she's either unaware of, or can't control. It seems like we're falling apart, but there's never any suggestion that we'd turn back. The furrow goes on and so do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.